This was after I had started the project and also found that I may not have enough to do the pattern exactly as it was written. Not to worry there, it could easily be modified with a little imagination. The pattern I chose was the Amelia Cardigan by Laura Chau and is from the Winter 2008 issue of Knitty.com. It's a cute and versatile cardigan with twisted rib accents and garter stitch borders. My only problem is that I may not have quite enough yarn to finish the cardigan as it is in the pattern. Luckily for me the cardigan is worked from the bottom up in one piece. When I got to the split for underarm, where the sleeves would have been incorporated into the body for decreasing, I used a provisional cast on. I also decreased the sleeves down to 59 sts instead of 67 as my arms are not that big around and I really am not a fan of floppy sleeves. (It looks like I'm going to end up with 3/4 length sleeves.) As soon as I get the cardi done I'll post pictures!
Monday, July 26, 2010
Using up the Yarn Stash
Finally, the cold has gone away. Hooray! I feel bad because I missed both my knitting group get togethers but I decided to err on the side of caution and not spread the cold around. The one good thing that came out of the cold, (other than getting to spend time with Littles), was that I finally found the perfect pattern for this yarn that has been hanging out in my stash for awhile now. It is the Dream In Color Classy, a worsted weight wool, in a beautiful shade of shamrock green with a subtle variegation. I would give a color name but when I checked on the Dream In Color website I found the color was no longer available.