Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday, July 15th

Once upon a time a girl lived in a cozy little home with a cozy little cat and things were wonderful, well, until she went through her yarn stash and discovered that things were way out of control. So she decided to do something about it.
All knitters joke about their stashes, hoe out of control it is, how it is being saved up for when they really have time to knit, or when they retire, or because the one who dies with the most yarn wins. The truth is I have way too much yarn, way, way too much. It is currently corralled into separate boxes, (clear plastic so I can see what I've got), and I'm going to do something about it. I reorganized and started lining up projects to do and finish on the 15th of June and I've given myself a year to use it all up. What I didn't count on was how many little bits of yarn I have lying around, half a ball here, ten yards there, it adds up. If anyone has any suggestions on how to use these little bits up, let me know.
Today I started on Ysolda Teague's Cloud Bolero with some Di've Autunno that I had lying around. It's so soft and yummy, being 100% merino, that I had to do something wonderful with it. You can find the pattern on Ravelry for free. Thank you to Ysolda!


I love yarn and I love treats so I've decided to share the good things that I've found in Portland. Every Thursday is treat of the week day and here's one for today: the Basil Macaroon at Two Tarts. I'm pretty sure that these wonderful bakers can do no wrong! A basil cookie seems an unlikely treat but the combination of the basil with the buttercream is perfection! These are seasonal, like many of their cookies so get them while you can!

1 comment:

  1. How about little knitted ornaments for the holidays? If you start now - you'll have plenty to list later. I love this topic because I have loads of fabric that I need to use up! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete